Saturday, April 16, 2011

A stay at home day

Today was a stay at home day.  I love these days.  I don't get enough of them. It had been two weeks since I had mown the lawn, so that was the first order of business. It was a warm day so I needed to get it done before noon. We went to Home Depot to get lumber and pvc pipe to build our next raised bed.

Elaine and Chuck Davis came by for a few minutes.  They had extra compost from their yard remodel and they brought us a barrel full. It was nice to see them and share our gardening adventure with them. They are great friends!

As soon as I got the mowing done, I decided that the weeds near the house needed to be pulled. It was not a hard job, just time consuming, and I enjoy the process. The compost tumbler has been ignored for a while so I had Fred turn it a few times. I dug around in it and pulled some of the good stuff out. I won't fill it so full next time!

Tomorrow we'll get the new bed set in the garden and I can plant my next set of vegies.

No comments:

Post a Comment