Friday, April 22, 2011

The pepper tree is gone

Yesterday I took the day off for a long Easter week end. As a worked around in the yard weeding and such, Fred chopped down the pepper tree. It was a bittersweet moment. That tree has been the play equipment of our kids for 20 years. Well, ok, no one has climbed it for the past 8 or nine years, but it has so many memories. It needed to go. Every year it gets tangled in the phone lines, it shades the garden, and it grows new shoots from the ground. I'm glad its gone. It was the last hurdle to being able to buy some laying hens.

It will take a week or so to get the mess cleaned up. I still have a raised bed to plant in my garden. So by the beginning of May I should have some chickens.

The garden will get a lot more sun now. Hopefully we won't have to battle with mildew this year. So long pepper tree; it's been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment