Saturday, February 19, 2011

In between rain bursts

Today I had a chance to play in the garden for a few minutes between rain showers and moving my daughter to a new apartment.

I harvested more salad greens, picked a few weeds, and planted some swiss chard. The red onions I planted have taken root and sprouted.  Next week I'll add some snow peas to the mix.

I have decided to try a drip system in my garden this year. I am hoping that a consistent watering will give me a better harvest and less mildew than last year. Never having done a drip system before, I am dealing with a pretty big learning curve, but I'll just keep trying  until I get it right. Home Depot has a kit called "Drip Irrigation Kit for Dummies."  I figured that was for me so i bought it.  Haven't tried it yet.  I'll  let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Your greens are the very, very best on the whole planet. Of course, that is only because you grew them and cared for them. That's what makes them the very best.

    ReplyDelete