Monday, June 11, 2012

All right, so I cheated! I bought plants already started at Home depot. No they are not heirlooms or organic. No, they did not come from a super special nursery. They are probably Monsanto starts or Genetically altered, but this year I do not care even one bit. I was not going to have a garden at all, so the fact that I have something in the ground that may end up on my table is OK with me. At least I know that it grew in my back yard and it will be vine ripened.

This is what I bought and put in the ground today:

3 cucumbers
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
12 green beans
1 butternut squash
1 zuchini

I already have 2 tomato volunteers, nasturtiums,
a bunch of oregano, blackberry vines and raspberry vines

I planted 5 dahlia bulbs (I know that's not what they are called but I can't remember the name)

I plan to add
lavender
chamomile
and mint

So next year I will do it right, but this year, I won't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment