Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rent - a -student

This week end was rent a student week. I paid for 3 kids from youth group to come and work in my yard.  Malachi Hose was one of those students. He did amazing work for me.  Because of his hard work, I now have my garden plot all cleared out and ready for planting! Corn, beans and squash will go in the new section of the garden. Today I built the berms and got the space ready.  Tomorrow I will plant the corn. In a couple of weeks I will plant the beans and squash to build a "3 sisters" garden. I have been wanting to do this for years. We'll see how it works.

The idea is that the corn grows tall and supports the beans to grow on and the squash shades the ground to help with ground temperature. It sounds cool anyway.

Now my problem is, where to plant the melon? I need to expand the garden already!

No comments:

Post a Comment