Today as I watered the garden plot, I noticed that all of the Lopez family's seeds are sprouting. The pumpkin, squash, sunflowers, wildflowers, carrots, and chives just broke through this week. The children will be so excited!
My cucumbers have sprouted, but the watermelon has not. I think I will have to plant some more corn since only two of the 15 seeds I planted have germinated. The bush beans have taken over the plot where I put them. I'll have to remember next year that they need a lot of room and 9 per square is too many. I had to pull the lettuce up, it was too crowded with the beans. It may be too warm for them to grow now, but I think I will start another square anyway.
The tomatoes are coming along nicely, lots of flowers on each plant. I will continue to pick out the suckers and try to contain them in their wire cages. Last year was a chaotic mess of tomatoes! This year will be nice and neat with any luck.
I love my drip watering system! Unfortunately not all of the planted area is set up with a dripper. I have to remember to go out and water those areas. It has been fairly cool lately so it has not been a problem. I will try to get out this week end and expand the reach of the drip system.
No comments:
Post a Comment