It has been a month since I have posted anything here. The weather has not allowed me much time in the garden. I harvested most everything last month, so there is much to be done. Today I had a chance to do some weeding around my raised bed. It had gotten a good ground cover again, but the soil was soft from the rain and the weeds came out easily.
My worm bins have been ignored for most of the winter. I throw food in and walk away. The poor little guys needed some attention ,so I spent some time fluffing their bedding and moving them from one bin to another. They should be happy now for a week or two.
I plan to plant some tomorrow after church. I sectioned off my raised bed into square feet with some small rope, Clothesline actually, so I can be more efficient with my planting. I want to plant some peas along my trellis, but I have a sneaky squirrel that keeps coming in the yard. I haven't figured out how to protect the peas from him yet. I will wait a week or two I suppose. Lettuce, carrots, spinach and chard will go in this week.
I will probably work on the drip system tomorrow too. So much to do, so little time!
No comments:
Post a Comment