Yes, I know the date is only January 30, but... I just can't help myself. Yesterday was such a beautiful day, sunshiny and warm. The garden called my name after months of being ignored. Of course, the rain this month watered the ground generously, so the weeds abound! I have my work cut out for me to be ready to plant in March.
I have one square planted already with 2 kinds of spinach and 4 types of lettuce. At the end of the season, in October I threw some seeds into my new raised bed and then forgot it. Winter time is not a good time for me to garden because I work full time. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, which leaves no time in the garden during the week. Weekends are full of all the things that didn't get done during the week.God decided to water the garden for me this winter and the greens have grown. It is yielding beautiful, fresh greens for my salads.
I had not been in the garden, because I could not bear walking through the weeds to get to the lettuce. Yesterday was the day to begin. I took the hoe and rake to the garden gate and started there. I cleaned myself a path to the lettuce without much trouble because the soil is soft from having been worked last year. That silly hoe just would not stop. The garden is about 25% cleared and my gardening bug has come out of hibernation. I look forward to a yummy salad of fresh greens tomorrow for lunch.
Next week, if weather permits, I will plant some onions and cilantro in the salad bowl box. let the gardening begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment