Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No planting until Mother's Day

I have heard it said that to plant before Mother's Day in Eastern Washington is an exercise in futility. The possibility of a frost in April kills the idea of planting. Honestly? By Mother's Day in So Cal, I already would have crops to pick. My garden would be growing in leaps and bounds in the warm California sun.

This is a new place with a new rhythm in more ways than one. Patience is key here. Everything takes longer to accomplish. There is nothing to do, but I can't seem to get anything done. I guess I do accomplish things but I can't think of what they are. Nothing spectacular of note to tell comes to mind. I don't go to work. I don't scurry about trying to get a million things done in a day. I did all of the laundry in one day. that's an accomplishment. I cooked three meals a day. That's an accomplishment, too. I can't remember a time when I did that. We are eating better, losing weight, getting healthy. That is a huge accomplishment!

I have to learn to dance to this rhythm. I need to respond to the way things are here. No planting until Mother's Day... that will be a tough one. I'll have to start seedlings inside!

1 comment:

  1. There you go! Starting seedlings inside, you'll get a jumpstart on that Mother's Day kick-off.

    I'm glad your blogging through your new adventure. It makes it feel like you're still only a mere 260 miles away. :-)

    ReplyDelete