Sometimes I think there is magnet in my garden. It pulls at me and draws me into the garden gate. I decide to go check on the progress of this or that and three hours later I am still there, digging, pruning, watering. What is it about my little garden that I cannot stay away? I have so many other things that need doing. I really don't have time for a garden at all. I shouldn't have started it again, but it brings me such joy and satisfaction.
I have not harvested one single thing. There are many blooms and potential fruit on almost every plant. The pepper plants are puny. I planted them behind the tomato plants like a dummy. They get almost no sun at all. Still, they have tiny blossoms and potential fruit. Will they produce? I guess we'll wait and see. One of the cucumber vines has started to climb the trellis. The other is not following suit. I'm not sure why, but it's not. Maybe that's the lure. It's like a crap shoot. I plant the seed, or small plant this year, and wait to see if I get anything. Maybe, hopefully, the plant will be happy enough to share its produce with me. So whenever I have a minute or two, I allow the magnet to draw me in. All of the other stuff can wait a bit...
No comments:
Post a Comment