Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Time Flies!

Months have gone by since my last turn in the garden. The weeds are taking over and the left over plants are spent. Now is the time for rest in the garden. Now is the time for renewing my plan. Spring will be here in the blink of an eye.

The fall garden that I planted never came up. I didn't have time to baby the seedlings. I would like to think that there will be a winter garden, but I need to be realistic in my plans.  I will take this time to clean, rearrange, simplify and prepare for an early spring.

I have decided to plant one tomato plant next year. Oh how hard that is to write. One tiny little tomato plant? Can I do it? I went from 5 the first year to 3 last year. I had too many tomatoes and no time to tend them or can them. One plant is all I need, but... Simplify, simplify is my new mantra.

My garden goals
  • Use well the square foot plots that I have, and I should have all that I need. 
  • Plant only those things that I know I will eat.
  • Compost and reuse what I can.
  • Set up the drip system on a timer to alleviate the stress and schedule of watering.
  • Spend time in the garden relaxing and enjoying the work of my hands.
Chickens are still a part of the plan. Hopefully I can get the yard ready while I am rearranging the garden. I need a raised coop, a fence and a gate. That is doable if I work on it over the winter.

Simplify and use my resources well in every area of my life. Too much stuff equals too much to do. My garden continues to be my tutor. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should read my blog every once in a while to remind myself of my plans. These fell flat.
    No chickens for me, at least no tin this neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete